Here’s the 2012 Happy Camper’s Best Christmas Camp Gifts. This annual video segment has become a Christmas tradition for the gang at Birchbark Media – like decorating the tree or spic’n egg nog. We filmed the segment at the local outdoor store in Peterborough, Wildrock Outfitters. It’s a great store and they’re good friends with Kevin. Here are the top items selling this year.
1. Petzl Headlamp – changes the intensity of light automatically
2. Skhoop skirt – keeps your buttocks warm and the skirt is easily removable
3. Exped Dreamwalker sleeping system – it’s a cozy sleeping bag that fits like a snuggie
4. Canada Goose clothing – amazing expedition style jackets and hats, made in Canada.
5. Goal Zero Lighthouse Lantern – no need for batteries, this product charges from the sun or you can crank up the power on your own
Goal Zero Lantern
6. Helinox – this camp chair is awesome – light weight durable and one of the best selling chairs this Christmas
7. Next…the Darkfin Gloves -these are just weird (but they’re a top seller)
8. What's a Biolite Stove? - It seems everyone is talking about this thing. The stove runs on small sticks, pine cones, etc. and burning the fuel creates power for your i-pod or i-phone. Biolite Stove 9. InReach - This is new this year and its similar to the SPOT satellite message system I've shown before - but the new thing is that someone at home can send you a message while you're in the woods as well. InReach
10. GlobalStar Satellite Phone - giving someone a gift certificate for a phone rental for their next trip would be awesome
11. This doesn't even sound like a camping accessory...Chota Hippies? - weird looking boots that I tried out this year - they work amazing (but look very nerdy - we can have fun with this one as well).
chota hippies 12. Let's finish with the Traditional Northern Made Anorak... - a canvas pull-over for winter trekking where a northern company makes the product that includes coyote fur but uses fur from places like Valley Village - that's somewhat environmentally cool and a refreshing twist. Lure of the North 13. Canada Pooch jacket - imagine my dog wearing this thing during winter camping Canada Pooch